Reach Robotics have an exciting vacancy for an experienced Computer Vision Researcher/Engineer
We’re looking for a Computer Vision Researcher/Engineer to take over development of our existing computer vision systems, improving and building solutions for environment and robot detection and tracking in real time on mobile devices.
About Reach Robotics
Reach Robotics is the company behind MekaMon–the four-legged augmented reality battle mech recently launched with Apple across the UK, US, and EU. We’re creating unique experiences that aim to entertain, educate, and inspire.
Located a five-minute walk from Bristol Parkway train station (with private parking), and with excellent links to the M32/M4, we’re hiring across all teams to help realise our products’ full potential, and shape the future of robotics and augmented reality entertainment.
We’re proud of the people-first culture we’ve created at Reach–we're passionate about the experiences we're creating, and we love what we do.
Friday afternoons are dedicated to stepping away from the desk to game, and work on projects outside our normal scope. We operate on flexi-time between 8am and 6pm, and have regular social events planned throughout the year. There are also healthy snacks, great coffee, and a fantastic atmosphere in our brand-new offices.
What we are looking for
- A PhD involving the research and implementation of Computer Vision techniques
- Demonstrable ability implementing robust computer vision systems
- A broad working knowledge of vision algorithms and techniques
- Experience with C style languages, C/C++/C#/Java, and an ability to program clearly, efficiently, and evolve your style and practices where required
- Experience with algorithm design and development
- Experience reading and implementing solutions from academic publications
- Experience prototyping algorithms with MatLab or similar
- A working knowledge of OpenCV or similar library
- A good understanding of multiple view geometry: stereo correspondence, 3D scene reconstruction, homographies, etc
- Knowledge of Augmented Reality systems (understanding of existing approaches, SDKs, and current literature)
- Experience with the detection and description of image features
- A working knowledge of OpenGL, Vulkan, and shader languages
- GPGPU programming experience; e.g. CUDA, OpenCL, OpenGL Compute
- Knowledge of hardware camera systems on Android and iOS
- Experience developing for mobile platforms (Android, iOS, and native)
- Experience with performance analysis and optimisation
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Stock options and pension scheme.
- Department Training budget: Budget for conferences, training courses and other materials
- Flexi-time: 8am - 10am starts
- Culture: Fantastic culture with regular organised social events
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays and Christmas Period