About Reach Robotics:
Given the recent successes and retail launch of MekaMon (A robotics AR gaming platform) with Apple, we are expanding our team. Reach Robotics is the company behind MekaMon - The four-legged augmented reality battle mech recently launched with Apple across the UK, US and EU. Using robotics and augmented reality, we’re creating unique experiences that aim to entertain, inspire and educate.
Based a five-minute walk from Bristol Parkway train station and with excellent links to the M32 / M4 (plus private parking), we’re rapidly hiring across all teams to help realise our products full potential and shape the future of augmented reality entertainment.
We’re proud of the people first culture we’ve created at Reach - We're passionate about the experiences we're creating and love what we do.
Friday afternoons are dedicated to stepping away from the desk to game and work on projects outside our normal scope. We operate on flexitime between 8am - 6pm and have regular social events planned throughout the year. There are also healthy snacks, great coffee and a fantastic atmosphere in our brand-new offices, too.
About the role:
As our PR Manager, you’ll own our media coverage and relationship with journalists in the gaming and tech media and beyond. You’ll work as part of a growing team, reporting to our Marketing Director.
In this role you will need to need to help us extend beyond technology and business press, into gaming press, mainstream press and broadcast outlets. You’ll be responsible for packaging up a rapid cadence of stories and getting them to the right media through your own contacts, and agencies.
Done well, PR will help power Reach Robotics through more consecutive years of huge growth, and help the company stand apart in an increasingly exciting and busy market. We want to supercharge our growth and tell our story through good quality, relevant media: news sites, podcasts, TV, tech media and the traditional press.
That’s where you come in.
- 3-5 years of PR experience at a consumer electronics, gaming or similar business.
- Existing relationships with relevant US and European media outlets.
- Focus on mainstream consumer PR, as well as tech and business PR. Experience in Educational-related PR a bonus.
- Experience at strong, mission-lead businesses is especially valuable. Able to communicate Reach Robotics overall mission.
- Proven track record of driving frequent, valuable coverage for a consumer brand, especially the creation of stories from a community of customers.
- Understanding of how to manage and coordinate with external PR agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of pitching the vision of Reach Robotics, and the detail of its latest product.
- Strong time management, capacity to manage multiple projects, in a very fast-moving business.
- Strong bias to action.
You’ll spend your time on:
- Building and managing relationships with journalists, bloggers & influencers
- Managing the flow of our PR output
- Collaborating with the different teams within Reach Robotics and engaging our community to source data and stories.
- Working with the team to identify key PR themes and messages for us and working them into a press calendar.
- Using your relationships with journalists to bring us into bigger stories where we have relevance
- Work with the Marketing Director to deliver Reach Robotics PR strategy taking us from technology and business press into consumer press and broadcast titles.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key US and European media outlets.
- Create and maintain our PR calendar featuring community news, product launches, corporate news and events.
- Manage our PR agency and act as a daily point of contact for them within the Company.
- Increase our direct relationship with media outlets in the consumer, business and education media.
- Coordinate product reviews, and where needed, media tours to support product launches.
- Responsibility for maintaining our PR resources (press pack, contact lists, etc).
- Assist in tracking media coverage, customer stories and regularly reporting progress on business KPIs.
- Assist organising promotional events such as press conferences, when required.
- You have excellent contacts and experience engaging with national and international news & lifestyle, finance & technology media.
- You have a track record of building strong, productive, long-term relationships with journalists and influencers.
- Your English is flawless and engaging. You probably spotted things you’d improve in this very job spec.
- You don’t need hand-holding. You are able to identify the most impacting initiatives to work on, and enthusiastic about owning them.
- You’re naturally collaborative and thrive on communication.